A new Nintendo Switch update has been released, and it brings some helpful features. Most notable is Nintendo Switch button mapping. Upon downloading 10.0.0, which is immediately available as of 8pm CT on April 13, 2020, people can change around the control schemes. In addition, Animal Crossing: New Horizons profile avatars, software data transfer options for moving data from a system to a microSD card or back, bookmark options for up to 300 news items, and adjusted play activity settings have appeared.
If someone wishes to do some Nintendo Switch button mapping, they need to head to System Settings. In there, there is a Change Button Mapping option under Change Grip/Order. Heading in shows all of the currently active controllers and allows you to change, save, and reset mapping for them.
As for the new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icons, Tom Nook, Timmy and Tommy, Isabelle, Wilbur, CJ, and Flick icons have been added.
Here are the full Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 patch notes.
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for "Display play activity to:" and "Delete Play Activity" have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
The Nintendo Switch 10.0.0 update can be downloaded now.