Shueisha and Toei Animation published more details about One Piece Film Red on a YouTube stream on June 8, 2022. Most of the new information features Uta, the daughter of Shanks and the childhood friend of One Piece protagonist Luffy.
The stream revealed Japanese voice actors for new characters in the movie. The One Piece Film Red heroine Uta will have two different actresses play her speaking and singing voices. Kaori Nazuka will voice Uta in regular conversations, while Ado will provide vocals for her songs. The stream also confirmed that Kenjiro Tsuda will voice the mysterious key character Gordon.
Ado will also sing seven songs in One Piece Film Red. Each song will have a different composer and a dedicated music video. Toei Animation will publish the videos on YouTube in the following weeks, and it has shared a schedule for that.
- “Shinsedai” (New Genesis) – Yasutaka Nakata – June 15, 2022
- “Watashi wa Saikyou” (I am the Strongest) – Mrs. Green Apple – June 22, 2022
- “Gyakkou” (Backlight) – Vaundy – July 6, 2022
- “Utakata Lullaby” – Fake Type. – Teaser on July 20, 2022, Full Video on August 6, 2022
- “Sekai no Tsudzuki” (The World’s Continuation) – Yuta Orisaka – Teaser on July 27, 2022, Full Video on August 10, 2022
- “Kaze no Yukue” (The Wind’s Whereabouts) – Motohiro Hata – Teaser on August 3, 2022, Full Video on August 24, 2022
- “Tot Musica” – Hiroyuki Sawano – August 17, 2022
Toei Animation has also published a new One Piece Film Red trailer. It features both Uta’s speaking voice by Kaori Nazuka and her singing voice by Ado. The trailer also lets people listen to “New Genesis,” one of the movie’s songs. The YouTube video has subtitles in 13 languages, including English.
One Piece Film Red will appear first in Japanese theaters on August 6, 2022. Shueisha and Toei Animation also plan to release the movie in other countries and regions. The movie will have a presence at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, where Steve Aoki will hold a live concert on July 2, 2022.