Persona 5 Games and Spin-offs Sales Figures Pass 7.22 Million

Persona 5 Games and Spin-offs Sales Figures Pass 7.22 Million

The Sega Sammy Japanese Annual Integrated Report 2022 appeared, and it included updates on various IPs’ performance. Among them is a specific Shin Megami Tensei spin-off series update. When it comes to all Persona 5 games, including spin-offs like Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, the latest sales figures are over 7.22 million.

Recommended Videos

The Persona 5 games sales figures showed up on page 10 of the report. It noted that the Persona 5, Persona 5 Royal, Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight, and Persona 5 Scramble numbers added up to 7.22 million copies worldwide. This figure didn’t include the new Persona 5 Royal ports available on the Nintendo Switch, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC. It only factored in sales of those four games up until March 2022.

The announcement also offered a window into who purchased the Persona 5 games and spin-offs. It noted only 23% of those sales came from Japan. The other 77% were from other countries.

On page 23 of the report, a general Persona series sales update appeared. It noted that there have been over 15.5 million copies sold so far across every entry. In that section, Shin Megami Tensei was listed as its own series with over 19 million in sales.

As a reminder, there are other Persona 5 “games” coming from Sega Sammy. In September 2022, the Persona 5 Pachislot appeared. There’s also a Persona 5 for Reels slot machine.

Persona 5 Royal is available for the Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC worldwide.


Siliconera is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article SMT V: Vengeance New DLC Demon Dagda Detailed
SMT V Vengeance New DLC Demon Dagda Detailed
Read Article Persona 3 Reload SEES and Koromaru First Aid Items Coming
Persona 3 Reload SEES and Koromaru First Aid Items Coming
Read Article Yuri on Ice the Movie: Ice Adolescence Canceled
Yuri on Ice movie cancelled
Read Article Hunter X Hunter: Nen X Impact Fighting Game Demo Characters Revealed
Hunter X Hunter: Nen X Impact Fighting Game Demo Characters Revealed
Read Article Square Enix Reveals New FFXII Moogle-Themed Board Game
Square Enix will release Final Fantasy XII FFXII themed Moogle board game
Related Content
Read Article SMT V: Vengeance New DLC Demon Dagda Detailed
SMT V Vengeance New DLC Demon Dagda Detailed
Read Article Persona 3 Reload SEES and Koromaru First Aid Items Coming
Persona 3 Reload SEES and Koromaru First Aid Items Coming
Read Article Yuri on Ice the Movie: Ice Adolescence Canceled
Yuri on Ice movie cancelled
Read Article Hunter X Hunter: Nen X Impact Fighting Game Demo Characters Revealed
Hunter X Hunter: Nen X Impact Fighting Game Demo Characters Revealed
Read Article Square Enix Reveals New FFXII Moogle-Themed Board Game
Square Enix will release Final Fantasy XII FFXII themed Moogle board game
Author
Jenni Lada
Jenni is Editor-in-Chief at Siliconera and has been playing games since getting access to her parents' Intellivision as a toddler. She continues to play on every possible platform and loves all of the systems she owns. (These include a PS4, Switch, Xbox One, WonderSwan Color and even a Vectrex!) You may have also seen her work at GamerTell, Cheat Code Central, Michibiku and PlayStation LifeStyle.