Sony Interactive Entertainment has published a new promotion trailer, showcasing available and upcoming PlayStation 5 games in Japan. The trailer highlights Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Guilty Gear -Strive-, and Scarlet Nexus, among others. [Thanks, Gamer!]
The following eight upcoming titles are featured with longer screen time in the trailer:
- Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker (launching in Fall 2021)
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (releasing June 10, 2021)
- Resident Evil Village (releasing May 7, 2021)
- Deathloop (releasing May 21, 2021)
- Guilty Gear -Strive- (releasing June 11, 2021)
- Scarlet Nexus (releasing in Summer 2021)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (releasing June 11, 2021)
- Balan Wonderworld (releasing March 26, 2021)
Other than the above titles, the trailer ran through a quick montage of other PlayStation 5 games available in Japan. It included Nioh and Nioh 2, Demon’s Souls, Judgment, Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation 2, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, to name a few. While most of the aforementioned titles are already available, Judgment will be available on April 23, 2021.
Sony Interactive Entertainment will hold a Play! Play! Play! broadcast in Japan on Sunday, March 21, 2021. The hour-long program will focus on Resident Evil Village and Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade with a talk show featuring Capcom’s Morimasa Sato and Square Enix’s Yoshinori Kitase.
Japan was one of the first countries to see the PlayStation 5 launched on November 12, 2020. It sold over 200,000 units in the country within a month after launch. The latest figures as of March 7, 2021, as posted by Famitsu, indicated that over 375,000 regular units and 70,000 Digital Editions have been sold in Japan.