Pokémon GO is celebrating Pokémon Red and Blue. Niantic has announced a special Kanto event has begun and will run until April 17, 2018. During this time, more Pokémon from the Kanto region will appear, with creatures like Aerodactyl and Snorlax appearing during Raid Battles. This, combined with double candy rewards, is designed to give people a chance to complete the Kanto Pokedex and earn the Kanto medal.
Another reason for Pokémon GO’s Kanto event is to help make it easier for people to complete Special Research tasks to acquire Mew. As a reminder, here is what needs to be done for the current Special Research tasks.
- Task One: Spin 5 PokéStops, catch 10 Pokémon and transfer five Pokémon to get 10 Great Balls, three Lure Modules and an Incubator.
- Task Two: Earn two candies by walking with a Buddy Pokémon, use 10 Great Throws to catch Pokémon and hatch three Pokémon eggs for 20 Great Balls, three Incenses and 2,000 Stardust.
- Task Three: Reach Trainer level 15, battle in Gyms twice and participate in two Raid Battles for a Charged TM, Fast TM and two Star Pieces.
- Task Four: Get silver Kanto Medal, evolve 20 Pokémon and earn five candies by walking with a Buddy Pokémon to get 20 Great Balls, two Lure Modules and 4,000 Stardust.
- Task Five: Catch a Ditto, catch 20 Pokémon with Great Throws and catch 10 Ghost-type Pokémon for 15 Revives, a Lucky Egg and a Premium Raid Pass.
- Task Six: Evolve a Magikarp, reach Trainer level 25 and participate in 10 Raid Battles for three Incenses, five Rare Candies and 6,000 Stardust.
- Task Seven: Use berries to catch 50 Pokémon, use a Curved Excellent Throw to catch a Pokémon and get a gold Kanto Medal to get 20 Ultra Balls, 8,000 Stardust and a Mew encounter.
- Task Eight: Catch Mew to get 20 Mew candies, a Super Incubator and 10,000 Stardust.
Pokémon GO is available for Android and Apple iOS devices.