Get ready and have your credit card information ready. We know when you’ll be able to add that PlayStation 5 to your virtual cart. Sony announced via the PlayStation Blog that PS5 pre-orders will begin on September 17, 2020. Update 2: Or now. Walmart is accepting them and GameStop physical stores will let people walk in and pre-order a system.
Update: Some stores already have opened pre-orders. As Wario64 pointed out, Walmart is one. EB Games in Australia is another.
— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 16, 2020
The update also included prices for the accessories that will be available at launch. Here’s the full list of things you can get to go with your console, as taken from the PlayStation Blog.
- DualSense Wireless Controller (standalone) – US$69.99/¥6,980/€69.99 (RRP)
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones US$99.99/¥9,980/€99.99 (RRP)
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments US$59.99/¥5,980/€59.99 (RRP)
- Media Remote – to navigate movies and streaming services with ease US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
- DualSense Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers US$29.99/¥2,980/€29.99 (RRP)
Now that, well, pre-orders are opening everywhere, it breaks a promise Sony’s Eric Lempel made back in July 2020. He said that pre-orders for the system wouldn’t appear “with a minute’s notice.” We’ll just have to wait and see if Sony’s direct purchase emails begin heading out tomorrow as well to people who registered for one.
The PS5 pre-orders will begin at some retailers on September 17, 2020. The console will appear in Australia, Japan, North America, and South Korea on November 12, 2020. It will appear worldwide on November 19, 2020.