Android

Recent Statistics Reveal That The Majority Of Pokémon GO’s Players Are Women

0

maxresdefaultpokemongo

Forbes has recently taken a look at the demographic of people playing Pokémon GO, thanks to data compiled by SurveyMonkey Intelligence.

 

According to the statistics, a great majority of the player base happens to be female, and that nearly half of all people playing Pokémon GO are somewhere between the ages of 18 and 29. Additionally, most players seem to reside in cities or urban areas, making up a whopping 90 percent of the total players, meaning the remaining 10 percent live in more rural areas.

 

For more statistics on the people playing Pokémon GO, you can check out the infographic below.

 

pokemon-go-players-656x398

 

However, it’s worth noting that Niantic has not shared any statistics on Pokémon GO’s demographic, and the company’s CEO John Hanke added the following:

 

“We don’t ask for the sex of our users, so it would have to come to a third party that is correlating it with some other research or a panel. I would love to find out if that were true.”

 

SurveyMonkey Intelligence has explained that their estimates are made based on data gathered from a panel of more than a million Android and iOS users in the United States.

 

Pokémon GO is available for iOS and Android devices.

Casey