As reported last week during the Gamescom trade fair, Capcom are preparing a free online service that will launch alongside Resident Evil 6, titled ResidentEvil.net, that will track player data and stats. This morning, Capcom released a video of the service’s features, which you can watch below:
Here’s a quick summary of what ResidentEvil.net will do on a player-by-player basis:
- Track stats for enemies killed, weapons used, medals earned and more.
- Facebook, Twitter and iOS/Android compatibility.
- Yield “RE.Net points” for using the service and entering online challenges.
- Allow players to exchange points for additional Mercenaries mode costumes.
- Periodical Champion Belt challenges. The belt can only be held by one player.
Resident Evil 6 will be released on October 2nd in North America for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Capcom have confirmed that the game has gone gold and is presently being manufactured. A PC version will follow next year.