Aniplex revealed that Demon Slayer will receive a second stage play in August 2021. The news comes from the latest issue of Weekly Shonen Jump. The theater act will start in Tokyo, followed by Osaka, and end with a return to Tokyo for an encore run. Aniplex also confirmed the actors and characters who will appear in the new production below. [Thanks, Game Watch Impress!]
Starting off, the act will play at The Galaxy Theatre in Tokyo from August 7 through August 15, 2021. Afterward, the production will move to Osaka to play at the Umeda Arts Theater from August 20 through August 22, 2021. Lastly, it will return to Tokyo and play at the Tachikawa Stage Garden from August 27 through August 31, 2021. Ken’ichi Suemitsu will return to the second Demon Slayer stage play to pen the script and handle production; Shunsuke Wada will be in charge of the music.
Returning actors and characters in the Demon Slayer stage play include:
- Ryota Kobayashi as Tanjiro Kamado
- Akari Takaishi as Nezuko Kamado
- Keisuke Ueda as Zen’itsu Agatsuma
- Yugo Sato as Inosuke Hashibira
- Reo Honda as Giyu Tomioka
- Yoshihide Sasaki as Muzan Kibutsuji
New actors and characters in the Demon Slayer stage play include:
- Hiroshi Yazaki as Kyojuro Rengoku
- Ryoshiro Tsuji as Tengen Uzui
- Yumeto Okuda as Muichiro Tokito
- Yoko Kadoyama as Shinobu Kocho
- Akari Kawasaki as Mitsuri Kanroji
- Kosuke Miyamoto as Obanai Iguro
- Ryutaro Maeda as Sanemi Shinazugawa
- Changhae as Gyomei Himejima
- Mirai Uchida as Kanao Tsuyuri
- Nichika Akutsu as Rui
- Tomoki Hirose as Kagaya Ubuyashiki
Aniplex did not confirm any of the second stage play’s story details. However, keen fans might be able to make an educated guess judging by the characters confirmed to appear.
The first stage play hit theaters in Tokyo and Hyogo back in January 2020. Aniplex also released a two-disc and special edition version of the theater act on both DVD and Blu-ray.
The second Demon Slayer stage play will come to theaters in Tokyo and Osaka throughout August 2021.