As part of their financial report for their previous fiscal year, Sega have shared worldwide shipment figures for some of their games—including an Atlus title. All numbers are as of March 31st, 2015 and are as follows:
- Alien: Isolation – 2.11 million
- Football Manager 2015 – 810,000
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal – 620,000
- Yakuza Zero – 380,000
- Persona 4 Arena Ultimax – 280,000
In their earning report, Sega stated that while packaged games saw an increase in sales over the previous fiscal year, packaged game sales were still weak overall, while digital games for PC and smartphones remained strong.
Sega cited Chain Chronicle, Puyopuyo!! Quest, Ange Vierge, and Phantasy Star Onlilne 2 as examples of games that were performing strongly in the smartphone and PC space. As of April 1st, Sega has been restructured into three business groups:
- The Pachislot and Pachinko Machines which develops, manufactures and distributes pachislot and pachinko machines
- The Entertainment Contents Business which focuses on digital games for smartphones and online PC games
- The Resort Business which carries out initiatives such as developing and operating resort facilities and theme parks along with developing and operating integrated resorts overseas.
Sega also stated that they will release 47 digital games by March 31st, 2016. 46 of these titles will be free-to-play, while one game will be pay-to-play. As far as packaged games go, Sega cited Persona 5 as one of their main releases for the ongoing fiscal year. The Persona series, Sega said, has sold 6 million copies worldwide thus far.
Data courtesy Sega’s investor site.
Update: Whoops. Incorrect numbers corrected.