At their New York Comic-Con panel on Street Fighter X Tekken today, Capcom announced the game’s realease date, along with other details.
First the date. Street Fighter X Tekken will be released on March 6th in the U.S. and on March 9th in Europe. People in the U.S. will be able to buy a special edition version of the game that includes the following items:
– Street Fighter X Tekken game
– Build-It-Yourself Arcade Cabinet Bank (approximately 5”H)
– Exclusive Prequel Comic Book by UDON
– 36 Gems: Includes All Pre-Order Packs Plus An Exclusive Pack
– Pre-Order Bonus: Nine Exclusive Gems Only Available For Pre-Ordering SE
– Total of 45 Gems When You Pre-Order
The last point on that list mentions “Gems”. Gems are part of Street Fighter X Tekken’s newly-announced customization system. They can influence a character’s stats and abilities. Watch the trailer above to see this. Additionally, Capcom have now officially confirmed that a PC version of Street Fighter X Tekken has just begun development.