Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris had a rough launch with a myriad of problems and performance issues, but it will see some improvements in the next update coming early August. Bandai Namco shared details during a recent live stream. [Thanks, Gamestalk.]
Here are plans for what’s coming in the next two Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris updates:
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Update Ver. 1.04 (Early August 2020)
- Shorten loading times – Working on improving loading times wherever possible.
- FPS improvements – Currently making adjustments to have the PS4 and Xbox One versions run at 30fps.
- Save data- Will implement quick save and such. This will allow you to go back a few moments earlier while you’re advancing through the main quest, or you can use it to go back to the start of a battle. The developers are also thinking of adding subsections to the chapter save data. Since these involve save data, the devs will release this after checking it properly.
- Various other adjustments.
- Mouse & Keyboard support for the Steam version.
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris Update Ver. 1.05 (Late August 2020)
- Shorten loading times
- FPS improvements
- Improve usability – Will improve the overall use of functions.
Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In case you missed it, the theme song singer ReoNa will be added to the game via an update.