The Game Awards is branching out. Instead of solely being an awards show coupled with the announcements for new games, Geoff Keighley has announced it will now include a digital festival of sorts. Certain The Game Awards games will now include playable demos in the The Game Festival on Steam from December 12-14, 2019. Over twelve will be playable.
Here is how The Game Festival will work. Starting at 10am PT/12pm CT/1pm ET/7pm CET on December 12, 2019, over 12 PC game demos will be available on Steam. At 10am PT/12pm CT/1pm ET/7pm CET on December 14, 2019, all of the demos will be removed.
So far, 13 The Game Festival titles have been revealed. Here’s the list.
- Acid Knife from Powerhoof
- Carrion from Phobia and Devolver Digital
- Chicory from Greg Lobanov
- The Drifter from Powerhoof
- Eastward from Pixpil and Chucklefish
- Haven from The Game Bakers
- Heavenly Bodies from 2pt Interactive
- Moving Out from SMG Studio, Devm Games, and Team17
- Roki from Polygon Treehouse and United Label
- SkateBird from Glass Bottom Games
- Spiritfarer from Thunder Lotus
- System Shock from Nightdive Studios
- Wooden Nickel from Brain&Brain
The Game Awards 2019 will be held at 5:30pm PT/7:30pm CT/8:30pm ET on December 12, 2019 and 2:30am CET on December 13, 2019. People should expect to see around 10 announcements and the full Ghost of Tsushima trailer teased during the December 2019 State of Play.