Square Enix will bring back its NieR Replicant promotional cafe to take advantage of the release of the NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139. Announced during an April 19, 2021 livestream, NieR Replicant will be taking over the “SQEX Cafe” locations in Tokyo and Osaka in Japan. The promotion will include a special food and drink menu and program, exclusive merchandise in the store, and decor featuring the game art. It’ll run from April 24, 2021 through June 4, 2021.
In Japan, promotional cafes like the NieR Replicant cafe are like a combination of a gift shop and fan-oriented scheduled event. Fans make reservations online for a fee, then stay for a limited amount of time. They’ll be given a menu from which they can order special food and drinks themed after the cafe’s designated brand, which will be served along with limited merchandise like coasters and placemats. Themed cafes can be temporary or even have permanent locations, like the Final Fantasy XIV-themed Eorzea cafe.
For this round, the NieR Replicant cafe will serve food on special placemats decorated with art from the game. Drink items will be served on a limited coaster, decorated with character art and chosen randomly.
As for the food menu, some items returned from the original 2018 run of the NieR Replicant cafe, but there are also some new items added to the promotional menu:
From left to right and top to bottom:
- Northern Plains Grilled Mutton (A grilled rack of lamb)
- Kaine’s Bandages Omurice (An egg omelette decorated like Kaine’s outfit and laid on rice and meat with sauce)
- “Let’s have Pot-au-feu, Big Brother” (pot-au-feu based on Yonah’s recipe, delicious despite its appearance)
- Devola and Popola’s Pizza (just one side is spicy)
- Emil’s Bullet Hell pancake (pull off the vinyl decoration and the berry “bullets” scatter on the plate)
- Weiss and Noir Mille Crepe (a mille crepe shaped like the books)
- A mystery dish revealed after May 15, 2021
From left to right:
- Boy’s Gray Soda (Lychee-flavored soda)
- Black Lemon Sour of Youth (the only alcoholic drink, served only to over-19s)
- Emil’s Violet Drink (has a stirrer in the shape of Emil’s weapon)
- Fyra’s Lemon Flower (comes with a decoration shaped like Fyra’s mask)
- Devola and Popola’s Berry Coke (a three-layer drink inspired by their colors)
- A mystery drink based on a character that will only be revealed after the game’s release.
The NieR Replicant Cafe will open on April 24, 2021 and run in Tokyo and Osaka through June 4, 2021. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 launches worldwide on the PS4, Xbox One, and PC on April 23, 2021.