Square Enix announced that Trials of Mana will get its 1.1.0 update on October 14, 2020. This update includes two difficulties in “No Future” and “Very Hard,” along with adjustments and bug fixes.
Here’s a look at the Trials of Mana ver 1.1.0 update patch notes:
- New difficulty “No Future” added:
- All enemies, especially bosses, become much tougher. This difficulty is exceptionally difficult to clear.
- You can only select it in “New Game+” and it starts you back at lv 1.
- Some abilities cannot be equipped.
- Items used during combat can be used a max number of three times each.
- Boss fights will have time limits.
- Some boss fights may display a shorter attack range from the bosses.
- You can get high-performance equipment of the same name using the Rainbow Item Seeds.
- Two chain abilities added:
- Sacred Sword Guidance: Party members that you’re not controlling will endure a knockout blow and remain with 1 HP.
- Sacred Sword Guidance II: Recovers the HP of all party members by 100% after battle.
- Other functions added:
- New difficulty “Very Hard” added.
- Class-change scenes and the end credits can now be skipped.
- You will get to carry over costumes that have been class-changed once with a class reset or in New Game+.
- You will get the option to go back to lv 1 when selecting New Game+.
- New Goddess Statues added.
- Other fixes and adjustments.
It’s also worth noting that those who can beat the game in No Future difficulty will get the cute Rabite Slippers items pictured on top.
Trials of Mana is currently available for the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game sold over 150,000 units in its opening week in Japan.