Visual novel engine Tyrano Builder received an update on Steam this week that adds a new feature you might be familiar with—Live2D functionality.
You may not have heard of Live2D by name, but you’ve probably seen it implemented in a number of RPGs and visual novels. It’s the technology that allows for animated character portraits instead of still images. You can see it in action below.
Other new features added by the recent update include:
- Online asset library with ready-to-use sample assets (characters, backgrounds, Live2D models & more to follow!)
- Cloud saving (up to 1gb)
- Character art resizing within the positioning tool
- Character art mirroring
- Branch button resizing and positioning by drag and drop
- Scenario file duplication, deletion and renaming
- Spaces can be used in labels (they are converted to underscores)
- ‘Complete before Proceeding’ option added to Join / Exit Scene
- Create New Project settings can skipped/agreed to by pressing Enter
- Various localization tweaks and fixes
TyranoBuilder can be downloaded via Steam for $14.99.