We don’t get Griss as a playable character in Fire Emblem Engage, but after the Fell Xenologue DLC campaign someone does add Gregory to their army. He’s somebody who’s absolutely fantastic with magic. Also, like Madeline, he’s a fairly straightforward character to prepare and build to use in your army.
Possible Gregory Classes in Fire Emblem Engage
Gregory is a Sage when he joins your army, and it absolutely works for him. His highest stats are magic and resistance. Everything else is average at best. So focus on making sure he always uses magic whenever possible.
Leaving him as a Sage is a bit questionable though, just because Spell Harmony conflicts with his personal skill. Survival Plan means his avoidance increases by 20 if there are more enemies than allies around him. But Spell Harmony increases his attack based on how many other tome-wielding allies are around him. You could make him a High Priest and have him heal allies around him. However, with his magic stat being as high as it is, I’d go with Mage Knight. That gives him more movement and increases his speed with the Chaos Style skill that increases speed by three if he attacks people with weapons with magic or people with tomes with a weapon.
Possible Gregory Emblem Rings in Fire Emblem Engage
If you’re going to stay on the offensive route and avoid making Gregory into a healer after the Fire Emblem Engage Fell Xenologue campaign, then you basically want to ensure he equips either Celica or Soren as his Emblem Ring. Celica’s Resonance will increase his damage with tomes and give him the Warp Ragnarok attack to allow him to become something of a magical scout if you’d like.
With Soren, you can set someone else as a Decoy to help keep Gregory alive. You could take advantage of his magical aptitude with the Cataclysm attack or Flare to deal more damage and increase his survivability. There’s also Anima Focus of course, so he’d inflict debuffs on foes after using tomes. Again, he could be a magical scout.
Possible Gregory Skills in Fire Emblem Engage
Since you really want to rely on Gregory’s magical abilities, I’d suggest looking into these skills for him.
- Anima Focus: 800 SP and level 5 bond with Soren. “When using tomes, unit inflicts Def-3 with fire, Hit-20 with thunder, or Mov-2 with wind magic for 1 turn.”
- Block Recovery: 1,500 SP and level 13 bond with Soren. “When attacking a broken foe with a tome, grants a cahnce the foe will remain broken. Chance increases with high Spd.”
- Magic Guard 5: 1,000 SP and level 19 bond with Soren. “If foe is equipped with a tome, unit takes 5 less damage during combat.”
- Resonance+: 3,000 SP and level 16 bond with Celica. “When equipped with a tome, if unit’s HP is 2 or more, unit loses 1 HP at start of combat and deals +3 damage during combat.
- Tome Precision 5: 2,000 SP and level 17 bond with Celica. “Grants Hit/Avo+15 when using a tome.
Fire Emblem Engage is available for the Nintendo Switch, as is the Fell Xenologue DLC.