Once again, the Itch.io Racial Justice and Equality Bundle has grown. But this time, the compilation has hit two major milestones. First, it shattered its fundraising goal for Community Bail Fund and NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. It passed $5 million, with the current amount raised as of 11am CT on June 12, 2020 being $5,496,792 from 523,642 people. Second, it now passed a new content milestone, as people get over 1,600 games, soundtracks, tools, and other items in the collection.
As a reminder, this bundle started out at just over 700 games and items when it launched. On June 9, 2020, it passed 1,000 total items. Shortly after, it passed 1,300 and now 1,600 plateaus. Over 1,300 people’s items are pulled together for the collection now.
Like before, here are a few of the more recently added games that are worth a look in this collection.
- Arcade Spirits: A dating sim visual novel set in an arcade.
- Celeste: This story-heavy platformer follows a woman as she scales a mountain.
- Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor: Players are a janitor at a bazaar on another planet, trying to do their job while also helping other people.
- Hidden Folks: A hidden item game where you pick out certain individuals and such in hand-drawn spaces.
- Pikuniku: An adventure game about a solving puzzles and finding the truth behind a mystery
- Pyre: Follow a group of characters as they try to get out of purgatory.
- A Short Hike: Another story about climbing a mountain, though this one is decidedly more serene than Celeste.
People will be able to get the Itch.io Racial Justice and Equality Bundle until June 16, 2020. The minimum donation is $5, though people can pledge whatever they would like. As far as video games go, there are items in the collection for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, as well as Android devices.