The latest issue of Famitsu has a discussion with Team Ninja’s Nioh 2 development team, which talked about the three DLC stories that will release after launch and difficulty modes. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089!]
Here are the highlights:
- As announced, there will be three large-scale DLC stories that will be released. Team Ninja says that there will be relatively the same amount of content as the first Nioh.
- The extra stories will take place in a very different age, compared to the main game. Although it’s connected to the main story, it’s a parallel story that depicts a tale that isn’t told in the main story.
- There are extra difficulties planned for the game. However, the team will make sure to not go overboard with the difficulty like in the last game, as it went to unfair levels last time.
- The team plans to add around two new weapons. However, because members have run out of ideas, they’re currently collecting them from players. There’s still time to send in ideas. (laughs)
- Team Ninja will be adding in post-game replayable content, like Abyss in the first Nioh, but it will be improved from before.
Nioh 2 will release for PlayStation 4 in Japan on March 12, 2020 and worldwide on March 13, 2020. The game went gold earlier in February 2020. Moreover, its Last Chance Trial will begin on February 28, 2020.