Bandai Namco announced it will release Pac-Man Museum+ sometime in early 2022. The collection will feature 14 classic Pac-Man titles playable both solo and in offline multiplayer. Pac-Man Museum+ will release for PC via Steam, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. No price has been confirmed.
The 14-game collection spans over three decades of Pac-Man releases, from the original 1980 arcade version to 2015’s Pac-Man 256. Some will feature simultaneous offline multiplayer, while others will only support solo play. Additionally, playing games will net players in-game coins which can be used to purchase cosmetic items. These can be used to customize the hub arcade area.
The new title is an expanded version of Pac-Man Museum, which originally released in 2014. Museum+ will see the addition of newer titles such as Pac-Man 256, as well as Pac-in-Time and Pac-Man Arrangement. Strangely, the official website for the game does not seem to be working at the time of writing.
Check out a list of all included titles and their supported gameplay options below.
- Pac-Man (Supports controller passing)
- Super Pac-Man (Supports controller passing)
- Pac & Pal (Supports controller passing)
- Pac-Land (Supports controller passing)
- Pac-Mania (Supports controller passing)
- Pac-Attack (Supports Multiplayer)
- Pac-in-Time (Supports controller passing)
- Pac-Man Arrangement Arcade vers. (Supports Multiplayer)
- Pac-Man Arrangement CS vers.
- Pac-Man Championship Edition
- Pac-Motos (Supports Multiplayer)
- Pac ‘n Roll Remix
- Pac-Man Battle Royale (Supports Multiplayer)
- Pac-Man 256 (Supports Multiplayer)
You can get a better look at how Pac-Man Museum+ will look in the screenshots.
And here’s the official announcement trailer.
The announcement comes a month after veteran Namco pixel artist and Pac-Man designer Hiroshi “Mr. Dotman” Ono passed away. Back in September, Bandai Namco also announced that it would shut down the mobile game Pac-Man Geo.
Pac-Man Museum+ will release for the PC via Steam, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch sometime in early 2022.