Get ready to say goodbye to some treasured friends/bumbling antagonists. The Pokemon GO Jessie and James events are about to end next month. Fortunately, people will still have time to catch these two Team Rocket staples in the event they did miss them, as Niantic confirmed the duo will be around in-game until September 30, 2020.
The Team Rocket icons were first added to Pokemon GO back in July 2020. As a result of the pandemic, Niantic added Team Rocket hot air balloons for people who couldn’t walk to a nearby Poke Stop. Occasionally, a Meowth one with Jessie and James in it will fly by. If you see that one and tap it, you’ll then be able to fight them.
In addition to warning people that the Pokemon GO Jessie and James event is leaving, Niantic added an updated schedule of new events. For example, Mega Evolution is now in the game. The Investigate a Mysterious Energy Special Research story will give everyone a chance to see Victini at the end of September 2020. Also, the following Pokemon Spotlight Hours schedule was released.
Pokémon Spotlight Hours
In the month of September, Pokémon Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6:00 p.m. local time, and each hour will spotlight a different Pokémon and special bonus!
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020: Eevee will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 8, 2020: Houndour will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020: Tentacool will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020: Spearow will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020: Skitty will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
Pokemon GO is available for Android and Apple iOS devices.