In the wake of a global pandemic, Fruitbat Factory has offered people an opportunity to get a few of the visual novels it has localized and published for free. The StayAtHomeVNSale, which is a rather misleading name since the price of all games is $0, is a 48-hour event that will end at 11am PT/2pm ET/7pm CET and gives people a chance to get titles like Chuusotsu! 1st Graduation: Time After Time and SeaBed.
All five of the free Fruitbat Factory games are visual novels covering a number of different genres. Each one is a pay what you want affair, so you could offer money or add them to your account to begin playing. The only requirement to get them is to make a free Itch.io account.
Here are the five free visual novels people can claim.
- Chuusotsu! 1st Graduation: Time After Time: This usually $17.99 game follows people who are considered chuusotsus by the government, that is they are not given any seals, are considered rather powerless, and are failures. But, you’re given a chance to meet, live with, and bond with fellow chuusotsus.
- Enigma: This normally $13.99 game follows a man named Chester who has The Enigma disease. He ends up on an island called Carlyle, where no one seems to have been touched by the pandemic, but a forest there has the same name as the illness.
- Magical Eyes: Red is for Anguish: Originally a $13.99 game, this thriller follows a town where odd incidents keep happening and you will help uncover hidden horrors.
- Miniature Garden: Typically $17.99, this is another thriller where a group of students are about to find out if a rumor about supernatural deaths that supposedly occur at a school’s Miniature Festival in the Miniature Garden really do happen.
- SeaBed: A romantic yuri visual novel that normally costs $17.99, it follows three women who all are trying to figure out who they are, their memories, and their relationships with one another.
Fruitbat Factory’s visual novel giveaway began on March 21, 2020. People have until 11am PT/2pm ET/7pm CET on March 23, 2020 to claim all five PC games.